Brave Companion Dog Rescue Inc
Brave Companion Dog Rescue Inc. is a not-for-profit group, operating throughout the
Lockyer Valley, Ipswich and Somerset regions in South East Queensland.
Our mission is to rescue and rehome the region's abandoned and unwanted dogs.
If you are considering a rescue pet adoption, please browse our pages. All dogs listed here are beautiful pets who deserve a forever home.
Please like our page on Facebook page - Brave Companion Dog Rescue Inc. - for updates as they happen.
A special thanks...
Brave Companion Dog Rescue would like to thank
- all the people who volunteer within the Incorporation.
- dog walkers and cleaners, dedicating their time to give our dogs clean and comfortable pens and give them the walks they desperately need
- all our wonderful foster families who take great care of our dogs until they go to their
- forever homes also anyone behind the scenes who volunteers their time to Brave Companion Dog Rescue Inc.
- all the companies who have given their support throughout our time operating
An extra thank you goes to:
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council, for providing us the chance to apply for money through their grants program to buy 2 brand new 10 kg washing machines
- Betta Home Living, Gatton for their great service, the delivery and installation of the machines
- Pet Barn Ipswich for their continuous support by donating dog food, medications, dog beds, toys and more
Calling all volunteers...
Dogs like Bella above are in urgent need of special care in a loving home
Help us make a difference - become a temporary foster carer for one of our homeless dogs, while we look for their forever home. Vet expenses are paid, all you provide is food, love, shelter and exercise. Must be within reasonable driving distance of the Lockyer Valley.
WANTED - Dog walkers to exercise our dogs and helpers to clean out their pens
Brave Companion Dog Rescue Inc. is situated at the Old Laidley Pound Shelter. The dogs love their daily walks and benefit from socialisation with their handlers. It's a great way to get some exercise while at the same time helping our four legged friends. We commence daily from 7.30 am to about 11 am, 7 days a week. Please remember to wear sturdy, enclosed shoes, and bring drinking water, sunscreen and a hat.
NEEDED - Good quality clean pet food, blankets, towels, sheets, food bowls,
dog beds, collars and leashes
If you are able to donate any of the above items please contact Ludelle, our volunteer
coordinator, on 0419 731 459 or 0491 727 449 and arrange to deliver to the shelter (mornings preferred).
Bedding clean and not torn, for hygiene reasons only new dog beds, collars and leashes please.
If you can't reach Ludelle, please leave a message and Ludelle will be in contact with you as soon as possible.
Our amazing photographer Maree
Please visit Maree at Chrome 'n Silver Photography on her facebook page, look at the
amazing photos she's taking and make a booking. She will endeavour to capture your pets
Our wonderful Sue
at Sew it Sue is a very gifted crafter and kindly donated the beautiful bandanas for our
photo shoots. Please check out her facebook page and have a browse. She makes all sorts
of lovely pet accessories at an outstanding quality.